Crown corporations, governments, public agencies, not-for-profit enterprises…different types of organizations from the public sector dedicate their limited resources to the unlimited needs of society. In order to set priorities, population studies are a statistically valid way of measuring attitudes, opinions, and characteristics of a population, providing key insights in strategic program planning. Program evaluations and satisfaction research provide a check on programs and policies, ensuring that they are effectively and efficiently meeting their stated objectives and helping to improve them if necessary.
Social research is an important component of the work conducted by the public sector, and by Advanis. When conducting social research, you need a partner who can adhere to the highest standards of research quality, respect research participants, and also have the scale needed to conduct research effectively nationwide. Here are some ways that Advanis stands out as a social research partner:
- With over 30 years of experience conducting social research, with several nationwide engagements in various sectors has allowed us to develop a unique and broad level of expertise in the public sector.
- Having received the Gold Seal designation from the MRIA since 2009, Advanis adheres to the market research industry’s Code of Conduct and Good Practice. Since 2019, Advanis has been a member of CRIC (Canadian Research Insights Council) which adheres to the ESOMAR worldwide standards of research.
- In 2021, our most senior researchers and consultants earned their CAIP designations from the Canadian Research Insights Council because we are dedicated to upholding our high standards.
- Advanis is experienced at using best practices in sampling methodology to ensure statistical reliability and validity in all of our work. Along with traditional CATI, we offer our clients the choice to conduct research via online, IVR, and/or short-code SMS surveys. We also offer exclusively to our government clients a probability-based sample source of mobile-enabled Canadians: Tell City Hall.
- We have a dedicated and specialized professional team who exclusively serves Advanis’ public sector clients, and a Computing Sciences team that has developed several proprietary innovations, allowing us to achieve required high response rates, especially in the public sector.
Advanis’ success has been built on clients’ long-term trust in our knowledge and expertise. Our public sector work includes work in:
- Food & Agriculture
- Municipal, provincial, and federal government departments
- Not-for-profit/social sector
- Professional associations (unions, professional colleges, etc.)
- Other government agencies
Advanis is well versed in quantitative, qualitative, and analytical techniques, and will work with our clients to select the most appropriate tools to meet the research objectives. See our Services.
Advanis also conducts consumer and marketplace research in the private sector.
Email Nicolas to learn more about how Advanis helps governments and non-profits design effective public program and initiative.
Download our Public / NFP factsheets